Pages

Jul 10, 2013

Ben's Birthday (and Life Via Instagram)

Immediately following Canada Day was Ben's 27th birthday (July 2nd). Ben isn't as enthusiastic about birthdays as I am, but I still insist that we make it special. We both had to work that day, so we only had the evening together. On my way home from work I picked up his favourite Chinese food (Lemon chicken and egg rolls from Golden Palace) and we enjoyed it while watching old "How I Met Your Mother" episodes. (We adore that show). Then Ben went to watch a show of his that I don't like, while I cleaned and made his cake. I felt kind of bad, thought I should have done more to celebrate him. But when we went to bed that night (with happy tummies full of Chinese food and chocolate cake) he kept thanking me, saying the day was perfect. Evidently good food and allowing him some time to enjoy his current favourite show made him feel more special than a planned night out or party. So I think that will be a continuing birthday tradition for him.




We did go out the following Friday to celebrate Ben and my brother Taylor (they share a birthday).   They both requested Edoko- where we went for my birthday this year. Once again, amazing food! We had a really great time with our siblings and my cousin. The evening ended with everyone back at our apartment and we wound up watching one of the worst movies ever (Tiny Furniture, in case you are wondering- it was picked out of curiosity...never again).

 The birthday boys





To Ben: I am so incredibly lucky to be able to celebrate you, year after year. You are honestly my favourite person on this earth.  I cannot wait for many more birthdays with you as your WIFE! I love you.

To Taylor: My one and only brother. The best brother a girl could ask for. Thank you for being there for me when I need you- you may be my little brother by birth, but you love and protect me like a big brother. I am so grateful for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love it if you left a comment so that I could get to know you:)