Pages

Feb 16, 2013

Valentines Day

I used to pretend I didn't care about Valentines Day at all. It started when I was single and continued through the first few years I was dating Ben. I didn't want to be that girl who believed you should only be celebrating love on that one day of the year. Also, I think I wanted to pretend that I didn't care about other things like flowers, chocolate and jewellery  Let's be honest...I cared a little. Not in the sense that I had certain expectations on this particular day, or that I believed that Valentines day = presents, more that I still wouldn't say no to them;)

While I still think that relationships should be celebrated all year long, and that you should put the effort in every day, I'm also getting on board with Valentines Day this year! I mean come on, there's nothing wrong with a special day for love- especially when I know Ben and I make a good effort the rest of the year. So that was a wordy way of saying it was a good day! The sun was shinning, I consumed too much chocolate and the kiddos and I worked on some home made Valentines at work all morning. Every time I checked my Instagram feed itwas full of happy, colourful photos, and love was abounding!

That night Ben and I enjoyed one of our favourite meals, Giada DeLaurentis' "Dirty Risotto" (that Ben cooked ahead of time the night before, love him!)  We turned off the lights, lit some candles and ate and talked. One of my bosses gifted me with some amazing lemon cheesecake for dessert- you would think I wouldn't have room for it after such a rich dinner, but I always make room for cheesecake!  Afterwards we watched a movie- "Where the Wild Things Are" (we hadn't seen it yet- loved it!).







We had decided on our plans for the evening a few weeks ago and I had been looking forward to it ever since. Ben also sweetly gifted me with a Julia Child cookbook, truffles, and signed me up for a photography course! I am SO excited! I couldn't have asked for a better night, honestly. We've been each other's Valentine for 6 years now, and I am happier with him every year. Ben- I love you so much, I look forward to 6 more Valentines Day's together...and even more after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love it if you left a comment so that I could get to know you:)