Pages

Aug 24, 2012

Update-I've been busy!

I really really want to catch up on my summer, in fact I meant to post at least once a week (just for myself so that I can remember everything), but that will have to be done at a later date (hopefully not too late!). This summer has ended up being a much busier season than all the rest, so I wouldn't exactly call it relaxing this time around. Don't get me wrong, it's been fun, but more the busy kind of fun. Between my good friends wedding that's coming up in a week (I'm a bridesmaid), family visiting for a month, major furniture re-arranging and de-cluttering in our apartment and a new roomate (my sister moves in next week!), I pretty much feel like the road runner-full speed ahead, always moving. 

This week coming up will be our busiest yet- we move two new (to us) couches from my parents in tomorrow (which meant we were up late all week re-organizing, moving furniture, getting rid of thing's and just cleaning like crazy), and our futon goes back to them. Honestly we are so psyched! Having a futon was great in the beginning, since it meant we always had room for extra people to stay over (in addition to the guest room), or could pull it out into a bed if we just wanted to lie down to watch TV ourselves. That got old fast though, since it's an IKEA futon with side cushions that don't attach, so we can't rest against the sides, and people who don't know wind up falling off!  It was funny a couple of times...

So once we get the couches in and the living area back to normal, we then have to clean out our guest room for my sister! She's moving in during the week with us for the school year since it's more convenient for her, and we get a bit of financial relief:)  The guest room closet looks like world war 3 happened in there however, so that will be a project! I'm hoping to take before and after pictures;)

Sunday were driving up to Kingston so that we can deliver our old entertainment unit (that no longer fits) to good friends who want it. Not gonna lie, I'm excited both for the spontaneous road trip and the chance to see our friends Morgan and Dan. To be honest, I think just the time alone in the car with Ben with no distractions will be awesome:) Oh, and in my opinion we don't see Morgan and Dan enough and I will continue to bug them to move closer to us until they tell me to go away;)

After the weekend it's going to be a juggling act between work, more home projects and lot's of wedding stuff! I'm so excited to watch my friend get married, I think there's going to be quite a few tears shed at this wedding! There's going to be manicures and dinner for the girls on Thursday, rehearsal and  rehearsal dinner Friday, the ceremony and reception Saturday and a brunch for the wedding party and family on Sunday. So I'll be well fed:) I cannot wait to dance with Ben at the reception, how many opportunities do couple get to slow dance together any more, unless it's at a wedding? I'd also be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to getting all dolled up! I will try to be diligent and post a few pictures when it's all over. 

So that's my next week in a nutshell. To be honest, when I think about everything that has to get done I start to feel a little panicky. So I'm only allowing myself to think of one thing at a time. Come September I might not know what to do with all my free time...oh who am I kidding, I've got a long list of all the little thing's I've been ignoring all summer;) Another thing I'm excited for come September? The arrival of Fall! I have so much to say about that though, that I think it's going to be a separate post- I'm off to start my weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love it if you left a comment so that I could get to know you:)