Pages

Nov 2, 2011

Saying Goodbye to Fall

This past week has been sunny and I like it! November has begun and I guess I shouldn't be surprised- but when I walked into Starbucks this morning for my usual hot chocolate, it was already decked out in Christmas decorations! I was only too happy to change my order to a peppermint hot chocolate:) Yes, I know that Starbucks has the peppermint syrup year round, but I only order it between November and January, to keep it special. That first sip on my way to work was truly delicious!

Now I'm normally the girl who starts her Christmas countdown in October- much to the amusement of those around me, but this year I forgot. Partly because I really wanted to embrace and enjoy fall- the leaves changing, pumpkin patches, caramel apples etc- and partly because I just got too busy to really pay attention. So for the first time in years, people are talking Christmas long before me, it snuck up on me! Now, for some it might still be too early, and that's fine, but I plan on gushing about Christmas from now until December 25th! I saw even saw this fantastic idea for a DIY Advent Calendar the other day that I might have to try, at least my own version of it.

Funnily enough, we actually pulled all of our Christmas stuff out of storage weeks ago. Since we live in an apartment, it's tough to get into our storage room since we work during office hours, so we figured we had better grab everything when we could! Since Ben isn't quite as enthusiastic about decorating as I am, I'll wait a few weeks before doing anything, but I'm looking forward to it! I've got so many ideas for Christmas gifts and decorations this year, most of which will require some time and effort, so I hope I'm disciplined enough to get it done.

That's been a struggle for me for awhile now, being disciplined. I've written about it before, but my nights often consist of dinner in front of the TV....maybe catching up on a blog or two, more TV, then bed. Not that relaxing and doing nothing is bad once in awhile, but I know I do it too much. On the weekends it tends to be a different story, because I have more time to myself, but I want to be productive during the week too. It will probably take baby steps, but I'm hoping to make a few changes this week, I'll update if it works!

I think tonight is going to call for some cleaning, reading and picture editing...as I nibble on Halloween candy. I still plan on enjoying a few more thing's about fall, maybe that makes me greedy, but I can deal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love it if you left a comment so that I could get to know you:)