Pages

Feb 8, 2011

What I LOVE This Week

I promised myself that I would pay attention to my blog this year and, you know, actually start blogging! This year, more than ever, I need inspiration. My only resolution was to become more creative this year, whether it's painting, taking pictures, cooking...whatever, and this blog is going to be another creative outlet for me. Since I've found myself coming down with a serious case of the winter blues this past month, today I'm going to focus on the good things. So here goes!

Loving:

1. Being curled up on the couch with a mug of hot chocolate watching "Julie and Julia" for the 1000000000th time! (Loving even more that it was my boyfriend's suggestion, and that he's watched it with me at least 6 times)

2. Starbucks Peppermint Mocha's in February- Only found out this year that you can order a peppermint mocha year round, not just at Christmas time. They always have peppermint syrup, they always have mocha coffee....so they will continue to make me happy until the summer time (when Java chip frappucino's take their place).

3. My new bangs- Went back to full bangs this year (straight across my forehead), already received numerous compliments!

4. Awesome dollar store finds- Went in looking for a few Valentines decorations, left with some great scrap booking supplies, prints for the bedroom and more! As for the aforementioned Valentines decorations, LOVE!

5. That Valentines Day, my birthday and our anniversary are coming up in the next month...lot's to look forward to!

6. My home life- I often come home from work exhausted, but I've got someone wonderful waiting for me in a warm apartment that we decorated together...seriously why do I ever complain?

7. The gold letters that spell "Joy" sitting on top of our entertainment unit- They actually go with the Christmas decorations, but I left them up there as a reminder, and it does work!

8. Being a nanny- Ok, there are negative aspects to every job, but I get smiles and hugs everyday from little ones, enough said.

9. Discovering new music- To be honest, I don't do much of the discovering, but I benefit from Ben's discoveries, and that works for me! ("Face of the Earth" by Joel Plaskett is a new favorite)

10. Jewelry- It's more of an obsession, I've got such a long wish list. Right now anything by Lisa Leonard would make me so happy!

When I set out to make this list, I got to about #5 fairly easily, then had to stop and think for the rest. But I think that's a good exercise to practice once in awhile, intentionally searching out the good thing's in your life. Now I'm off to bed, feeling content.